Thin, Custom-Crafted LUMINEERS® Can Transform Your Smile
At Brooklyn Heights Dental®, we want to provide you with as many treatment options as possible. That way, you are sure to find a procedure that fits all of your cosmetic, health, and financial needs. LUMINEERS are a popular alternative to traditional porcelain veneers. Like standard veneers, they can address minor cosmetic flaws, helping you achieve a brilliant and youthful smile. Because LUMINEERS are much thinner than traditional veneers, they require little to no tooth preparation. At our Brooklyn Heights, NY, office, Dr. Eugene D. Stanislaus or his associate, Dr. Lisa Reid, can evaluate your smile and cosmetic goals and determine whether LUMINEERS or another cosmetic treatment is right for you. Our doctors work with great precision and artistry to provide beautiful and realistic final results.
What Are LUMINEERS and Are They Right for You?
Both LUMINEERS and standard veneers are made of thin porcelain and adhere to the surface of your teeth. Crafted to match the shape and color of your teeth, veneers can conceal slight blemishes, such as:
- Tiny cracks and chips
- Gaps between teeth
- Unusually shaped teeth
- Stains that are immune to whitening treatment
- Disproportionately small teeth
Because both types of veneers can have similar effects, your dentist will carefully determine which type is right for you. Thicker traditional veneers require more prep work, requiring your doctor to reshape your teeth to ensure there is enough room in your smile. Therefore, minimal-prep LUMINEERS may be appropriate if you want a more conservative treatment. They can also be suitable if you have sustained enamel erosion. On the other hand, because they are more delicate, you may not be a LUMINEERS candidate if you suffer from bruxism (teeth grinding).
LUMINEERS can conceal numerous flaws at once with no need for multiple treatments and can even take the place of braces if you only need to address minor alignment issues.
If you decide on LUMINEERS, Dr. Stanislaus or Dr. Reid can typically complete your treatment in just two easy visits. At the first appointment, your doctor will discuss your goals and assess your teeth. Then your impressions of your teeth will be sent to a LUMINEERS lab. There, the ceramists will craft veneers with a remarkably lifelike color and shape.
Once the veneers are finished, you can return for your second appointment. Most often, your dentist will be able to attach them to your teeth right away. A mild bonding solution will be applied to your teeth and will lightly etch your enamel to provide a stronger bonding surface. Then your doctor will use composite to cement the veneers in place. Your dentist will also evaluate the overall position of your teeth and ensure that the force of your bite has not been affected.
On some rare occasions, your doctor may need to remove a tiny amount of enamel. Even in these cases, the amount of prep work will be significantly less than it would be for standard veneers.
The Benefits of LUMINEERS
There are many reasons to consider LUMINEERS:
- The ultrathin veneers can affect a sweeping change for your whole smile. They can conceal numerous flaws at once with no need for multiple treatments. Frequently, they can even take the place of braces or Invisalign® if you only need to address minor alignment issues.
- LUMINEERS placement is quick. The second visit typically takes just one hour, and it offers immediate results.
- Because LUMINEERS are so conservative, the placement process typically involves no discomfort.
- Despite being so thin, LUMINEERS are quite strong and can last twenty years or more.
- Because they will not affect the structure of your teeth, LUMINEERS are a reversible option. You will not suffer from dental sensitivity if one or more of the veneers comes off. Further, the preparatory process will not impact the look or strength of your natural teeth.
Contact Us for a Personalized Consultation
Contact Brooklyn Heights Dental online to find out if innovative LUMINEERS are a good option for you. You can also schedule your appointment by calling (877) 738-6130.