Brooklyn Heights Dental's Response to COVID-19 From Dr. Stanislaus and Staff
Thank you for entrusting Brooklyn Heights Dental, P.C. with your dental concerns and needs. We are sure you are aware of the constantly changing concerns revolving around COVID-19 and want to take this opportunity to update you with the precautionary measures our office is taking to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
Our goal is to ensure a safe and sanitary environment for everyone in our office. If you have symptoms of cough, respiratory distress, or a fever, we are asking that you reschedule your appointment by calling 718-857-6639. If you have been in close contact with a COVID-19 patient, traveled out of the country recently, or to a domestic hotspot we ask you to reschedule your appointment as well.
We are strictly following CDC and ADA (American Dental Association) guidelines for disinfection and sterilization, including staff training on these measures.
Safety and Sanitation Policy (Including But Not Limited To):
- We are asking all patients to arrive with face protection (face mask), and requesting that no one accompany patients inside the practice with the exception of a parent with a small child or a caregiver.
- A front desk hand sanitization station is available for your use upon arrival.
- Glass shields have been installed at our front desk and check out areas.
- Your temperature will be checked with an infrared thermometer, and a pulse oximetry performed upon your arrival.
- All patients will be required to complete a COVID-19 questionnaire which will be shared via email 48 hours before scheduled appointments. We ask that all patients fill out the questionnaire and submit it for approval within 24 hours of appointment. All responses will be screened accordingly.
- All staff are equipped with PPE, including N-95 masks, gloves, gowns and face shields.
- We are regularly cleaning and disinfecting door handles, counters, reception room areas and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Individual dental operatories are disinfected after each patient encounter, including all surfaces, door handles and equipment. As per usual, all dental instruments are sterilized after use.
- Alcohol sanitizer (hand sanitizer) is available in all areas of our office.
- We are limiting patient encounters with appropriate spacing and limiting the number of patients in the office at one time
- All patient encounters must be by appointment. We will try our best to accommodate emergency appointments.
- Medical Grade Air Purifiers with HEPA filtration down to 0.3 microns are installed in each treatment room as well as our waiting area.
At Brooklyn Heights Dental, we are committed to doing everything possible to make our patients' visits safe and pleasant. Thank you!