Brooklyn Heights Dental's Response to COVID-19 From Dr. Stanislaus and Staff
Thank you for entrusting Brooklyn Heights Dental, P.C. with your dental concerns and needs. We are sure you are aware of the constantly changing concerns revolving around COVID-19 and want to take this opportunity to update you with the precautionary measures our office is taking to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
Our goal is to ensure a safe and sanitary environment for everyone in our office. If you have symptoms of cough, respiratory distress, or a fever, we are asking that you reschedule your appointment by calling 718-857-6639. If you have been in close contact with a COVID-19 patient, traveled out of the country recently, or to a domestic hotspot we ask you to reschedule your appointment as well.
We are strictly following CDC and ADA (American Dental Association) guidelines for disinfection and sterilization, including staff training on these measures.
Safety and Sanitation Policy (Including But Not Limited To):
- We are asking all patients to arrive with face protection (face mask), and requesting that no one accompany patients inside the practice with the exception of a parent with a small child or a caregiver.
- A front desk hand sanitization station is available for your use upon arrival.
- Glass shields have been installed at our front desk and check out areas.
- Your temperature will be checked with an infrared thermometer, and a pulse oximetry performed upon your arrival.
- All patients will be required to complete a COVID-19 questionnaire which will be shared via email 48 hours before scheduled appointments. We ask that all patients fill out the questionnaire and submit it for approval within 24 hours of appointment. All responses will be screened accordingly.
- All staff are equipped with PPE, including N-95 masks, gloves, gowns and face shields.
- We are regularly cleaning and disinfecting door handles, counters, reception room areas and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Individual dental operatories are disinfected after each patient encounter, including all surfaces, door handles and equipment. As per usual, all dental instruments are sterilized after use.
- Alcohol sanitizer (hand sanitizer) is available in all areas of our office.
- We are limiting patient encounters with appropriate spacing and limiting the number of patients in the office at one time
- All patient encounters must be by appointment. We will try our best to accommodate emergency appointments.
- Medical Grade Air Purifiers with HEPA filtration down to 0.3 microns are installed in each treatment room as well as our waiting area.
At Brooklyn Heights Dental, we are committed to doing everything possible to make our patients' visits safe and pleasant. Thank you!
Cosmetic Dentistry and Family Dental Care Brooklyn
At Brooklyn Heights Dental®, you can count on us to provide you with the most up-to-date dental procedures. Drs. Eugene D. Stanislaus and Lisa Reid are committed to helping you achieve and maintain a beautiful and healthy smile. With a reputation for exceptional family and cosmetic dentistry, our patients visit us from Brooklyn Heights, Fort Greene, Carroll Gardens, Cobble Hill, Crown Heights, and other neighborhoods across New York City. With his mind always focused on continued advancements in dental care, Dr. Stanislaus is one of only four dentists in New York City who are licensed to perform the advanced LANAP (Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure) periodontal treatment.
To learn more about our practice serving patients from Brooklyn Heights, DUMBO, Fort Greene, and other areas of New York City, or the cosmetic dentistry and other types of procedures we provided, contact Brooklyn Heights Dental® today.
We are committed to providing comprehensive dental care to patients. All our treatments are driven by conservatism, aesthetics, and comfort.
History of Brooklyn Heights Dental®
Today, Brooklyn Heights Dental® is only about three miles from where Dr. Eugene D. Stanislaus' father, Dr. Lamuel Stanislaus, started the family business in 1956. When Dr. Lamuel Stanislaus practiced, he was not only a caring and compassionate community dentist, but also an active and influential member of the community in other ways. As one of the founding members of the West Indian Day Parade, Dr. Lamuel Stanislaus saw the event move from its more humble beginnings to what it is today - a festival attended by millions on Brooklyn's Eastern Parkway. The parade is now attended by many prominent politicians and provides a substantial boost to local economy. After handing over the practice to his son, Eugene, Dr. Lamuel Stanislaus' retirement has not been without excitement. He is the former representative of his native country Grenada as Ambassador at Large to the United Nations. After all these years, Brooklyn Heights Dental® is still providing personalized family dental care and cosmetic dentistry to patients from Brooklyn Heights, Fort Greene, Park Slope, and other areas across New York City. As a sign of respect for all his father has accomplished in dentistry and in life, Dr. Eugene D. Stanislaus still hangs his father's name from the door of his office.
About Our Staff
Dr. Eugene D. Stanislaus and his entire staff are dedicated to continuing the exceptional and personalized care that Brooklyn Heights Dental® has long been know for. Along with Dr. Stanislaus, Dr. Lisa Reid plays an important role in the provision of advanced dental care for our patients.
Dr. Reid is committed to utilizing an evidence-based approach to deliver outstanding care to her patients. Dr. Reid is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Prosthodontics at New York University College of Dentistry and a member of the American Dental Association and the American College of Prosthodontists. She has guest lectured at various Midwestern dental meetings on topics such as "Achieving Esthetic Outcomes with Anterior Implant Restorations," "Simplified Approaches to Patient Rehabilitation" and "Treatment Planning the Edentulous Patient." Dr. Reid brings a wide range of experiences to Brooklyn Heights Dental® particularly in the areas of implant, esthetic and reconstructive dentistry.
Virtual Office Tour
Contact Brooklyn Heights Dental®
Each of our staff members are committed to providing exceptional family dental care and cosmetic dentistry to patients from throughout New York City - including Brooklyn Heights, Fort Greene, and surrounding communities. To learn more about our practice and the care we provide, contact Brooklyn Heights Dental® today.