Porcelain Veneers Can Enhance the Appearance of Small Teeth
The smile is often identified as one of the most noticeable physical features, which can make it especially disappointing when patients are dissatisfied with the appearance of their teeth. There are multiple cosmetic imperfections that can compromise the appearance of the smile, including discoloration, chips, cracks, and fractures, or even the size or shape of the teeth.
Small teeth can be a particular problem. Small teeth can throw off the balance of the face, give the smile an uneven appearance, and leave extra gaps of space between the teeth. Fortunately, porcelain veneers can address a wide range of aesthetic blemishes to improve the overall appearance of the smile.
Drs. Eugene D. Stanislaus and Lisa Reid offer porcelain veneers treatment for small teeth at our Brooklyn, NY practice.
Good candidates for porcelain veneers include those patients who wish to improve the appearance of their smile by masking cosmetic flaws and enhancing the size, shape, and color of the teeth. One of the biggest advantages of porcelain veneers is that they can address all of these issues at once.
No matter what type of imperfections a patient wants to address, porcelain veneers treatment will be the same; the only thing that may differ from patient to patient is the number of teeth that are treated and the design of the veneers.
Aside from the need or desire to improve the appearance of the smile, porcelain veneers candidates must also have good oral health and an understanding that porcelain veneers treatment is permanent.
The Treatment Process
Porcelain veneers treatment is generally broken down into two stages. The first stage involves planning and preparation, and the second stage involves veneers placement. The two stages of treatment are usually scheduled a few weeks apart, since it takes time for each patient’s custom set of veneers to be fabricated.
Here is a brief explanation of what to expect during each stage of treatment:
- Planning and preparation: Before porcelain veneers can be placed, the teeth need to be prepared and the veneers need to be designed. When treating small teeth, our doctors will consider which teeth are too small, what size would help balance out the facial features, and whether there are gaps of space that need to be addressed. Once the aesthetic plans have been made, we will remove a small layer of tooth enamel to accommodate the placement of the veneers. After reshaping the teeth, molds will be taken to ensure that the porcelain veneers fit the teeth properly.
- Placement: When the veneers are ready, we will complete treatment with the placement process. After confirming the right fit, a dental compound will be used to bond the veneers to the facial surface of the teeth. The compound is hardened to ensure the ultimate degree of strength and durability.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers for Small Teeth
Porcelain veneers can enhance the smile. Some of the benefits of porcelain veneers include:
- Improves the balance of facial features
- Gives the appearance of a stronger jawbone
- Closes gaps
- Creates a more symmetrical smile
Porcelain veneers can enhance the appearance of small teeth or those compromised by other aesthetic flaws. If you’d like to learn more about porcelain veneers treatment and whether you may be an ideal candidate for this procedure, contact us at your earliest convenience by calling (718) 857-6639. Drs. Eugene D. Stanislaus and Lisa Reid look forward to giving you the attractive, balanced smile you’ve always desired.